It’s the end of another eventful year, or uneventful depending upon how you look at it! Co-vid 19, Brexit, trade negotiations (trade wars?) and various other external factors have all served up influences on our businesses. Some of these influences may have been positive but we’re sure many have been negative.
How has your business performed over the last year from a sales perspective?
We think this is a great time to review your sales activity and plan these activities for the next 12 months.
In completing this review here are some questions you might ask:
- What does your ideal customer look like? Being targeted in your prospecting activities will save you time and increase your success!
- What sales activities worked best for you in 2021?
- What activities didn’t work; Why didn’t they work?
- How is your sales team performing? If you’re the main salesperson, how are you performing?
- In sales it’s less about results and more about activity. Are you completing enough activity, with the right prospects, with skill, knowledge and enthusiasm, focussing on the needs of these prospects, with a smile on your faces?
- How are you holding yourself your team accountable for completing this activity?
If your business is not performing from a sales perspective, we’re reminded of the old adage “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always got”. Don’t be afraid to make changes, hold your sales team accountable for activity and if they need motivating, motivate them!
“It is only when we take chances, when our lives improve. The initial and the most difficult risk that we need to take is to become honest.” Walter Anderson