Sales gets a bad wrap, most people don’t trust us. Why is that? Here a few tips:
- Don’t come across as a salesperson and don’t try to sell anything. Your job is to fully understand the needs of your clients and recommend appropriate solutions to meet those needs.
- Seek to build relationships based on honesty, trust and openness.
- Listen more than you speak.
- A good way to destroy trust and rapport is to show you’re not listening.
- Don’t make promises you can’t keep.
- Don’t focus on price. In fact, don’t even bring it up.
- Be authentic. If you don’t know what this means, look it up!
- Do what you say you will do. Always and without fail.
- Always tell the truth. People would rather you tell them the truth than worry about hurting their feelings. In our experience this is a big problem in the UK and generally leads to loss of trust.
- Look at yourself in the mirror and ask “Would I trust me?”
“When the trust account is high, communication is easy, instant and effective” – Stephen R. Covey